Tid-bits

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Scientific Progress goes BOINK!

I know I haven't posted for a while, here's why!

I log on to blogger yesterday with a brilliant idea for a blog! I type the url n 'the wait' starts where I wait for my computer to do its tedious job of getting the website. I get a response sooner than usual (yeah!) n I see the firewall is up n about again n this time it doesnot let me access blogger too :(

I had a blissful one week without the firewall when I could access all the websites I wanted to without any issues watsoever! Fond memories of reading the news on my comp return (yes, the firewall blocks news sites also!). That was luxury! Now wat ll I do when I am really saturated with wat I am supposed to be doing :( This is unfair!
 
Super human who fights for his rights against the evil conniving giant gives him a slip, Super human glad that he has outsmarted the giant lets his caution down. But the giant is making his plans, superhuman doesnot know of that yet! Then slowly n cautiously the giant takes the superhuman by surprise n gets his plans in action. Super human is trapped from all sides, doesnot know wat to do! How could he let a moment's victory blind him! He thinks of a plan....
 
Digression eh? Not really! Was reminded of Calvin :) :D I am sure he'd love to get into a situation like this n let his imagination run wild! For those who are not Calvin&Hobbes freaks n those who are but haven't read this one, I strongly recommend 'Scientific progress goes BOINK!!' Its hilarious!

OK this was a real digression, agreed! Getting back to the topic :),
I dont understand why we have a firewall at all. Probably there is some real convincing reason why we should have a firewall. I try hard to look for data on the effect of firewall on the work output in corporates, But every time the search engine returns an article that even remotely relates to what I am looking for, I cant access the page, the ever-so-damned firewall again!

But now as I got terribly bugged with what I was doing, I thought might as well try n see if this one works n viola! It does!!! Firewall's disappeared. Shall research on the effect of Firewall on the work output now ;)